Dreaming of Chinese food, but don't want to pay the cost ($$$ and calories)?? Try out this light and easy substitution that is sure to hit the spot of any craving!
Makes 2 large servings
1/2 lb beef, lean sirloin, thinly sliced (ALSO DELISH WITH CHICKEN!)
2 1/2 T cornstarch, divided
2 tsp canola oil
1 c chicken broth, reduced sodium, divided
4 c broccoli
1 T ginger powder
1 T garlic, minced
1/4 c water
1/4 soy sauce, low sodium
1) In a small bowl, toss beef with 2 T cornstarch
2) Heat oil in a wok or deep pan over medium-high heat. Add beef, cooking until medium-well done (~5 minutes). Transfer beef to a separate plate.
3) Add 1/2 c broth to wok with broccoli. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is almost crisp (~4 minutes).
4) In a small bowl, stir together ginger, garlic, water, soy sauce, remaining 1/2 c broth, and remaining 1/2 T cornstarch until well blended.
5) Add soy sauce mixture to wok, reducing heat to medium-low. Bring to a simmer, continuously stirring until slightly thickened (~2 minutes).
5) Return beef to wok and toss to coat.
6) Serve immediately.
(Modified from Weight Watchers)