Meatloaf (Makes 6 cupcakes and 1 loaf):
1 t olive oil
1 onion, minced
2 c white mushrooms, finely chopped (don't cut out!! will serve as your 'binding' in absence of bread crumbs)
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground Italian sausage (check ingredients!)
1 t salt
1 t Italian seasoning
1 t garlic powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 6oz can tomato paste
2 T mustard
1) Preheat oven to 350F degrees
2) Heat oil in a medium skillet. Saute onion and mushrooms until softened. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine the meats, herbs, and egg. Add in onion and mushrooms. Mix well (I find it easiest to use my hands.)
4) Place parchment paper lines in 6 holder muffin tin. Pat meat into the cups until ~2/3 full.
5) Lightly grease a loaf pan with olive oil. Pat remaining meat into the loaf pan.
6) Combine tomato paste and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside
6) Place meatloaves into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and lightly glaze with tomato mixture.
7) Place meatloaves back in the oven. Bake muffins for about 25 more minutes and loaf for about 35 more minutes. Ensure these are cooked through before removing from the oven.
Note: Muffins may need to be drained of grease after cooking. I recommend removing from paper liners and placing muffins on a grated cookie cooling sheet.
Garlic Potato Icing: See Ingredients/Instructions here!
1) Place individual meatloaf muffins on a serving dish
2) In an icing piping bag, insert a large opening, silver icing tip. Fill bag with mashed potatoes. Top each meatloaf with a small amount of potatoes.
3) Garnish with parsley.