My grandmother used to make this recipe for my sisters and I on chilly New York nights. It is very filling and you only have one pot to clean up at the end!
4 4oz chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 c water
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1 14.5 oz can Italian Style Tomatoes, chopped
1 c brown rice
1/2 c chopped green olives
1/2 c fresh basil
1) Trim chicken cutlets. If any are very thick, cut in half.
2) Place chicken and 1 c water (or enough water to just cover the chicken) in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Add onion, green peppers, and tomatoes to pot. Bring to a boil.
5) Add rice. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and rice is soft. (Add water as necessary)
6) Stir in chopped olives.
7) Garnish with basil and serve