This is a staple in our house! I found the recipe years ago when I was following Weight Watchers. I've made some modifications to the ingredients and preparation instructions from the original recipe (linked below). And the leftovers are almost better than the first night!!!!! Enjoy with asparagus and mashed potatoes!
1 T olive oil
3/4 c chopped onion
3/4 c chopped green pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c bread crumbs (gluten free!)
1 t Italian seasoning
1 t ketchup
1 large egg, beaten
1 lb ground chicken (I like 90/10 fat content)
1/2 c shredded cheddar
1/4 c ketchup
1 T brown sugar
1 t mustard
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 8x4 pan with cooking spray.
2) Heat oil in large skillet, sauté onion green pepper, and garlic for 3 min. Cool.
3) Combine onion mixture, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, ketchup, and egg . Stir in chicken.
4) Pack half chicken mixture in pan. Top with cheese. Top with remaining chicken.
5) Bake for 35 min.
6) Combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard. Stir well.
7) Spread over meatloaf and bake 5 additional minutes.
8) Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
Modified from Weight Watchers