I found this idea online years ago (and can't for the life of me recall the original recipe creator -- this was pre-Pinterest!) and have made it several times over the years. Each time making a few tweaks and modifications, with the newest being a gluten-free version. Everyone, even non-avocado fans, rave about it! I highly recommend making it for dinner this week!
4 4oz Chicken breast filets
2 T Milk, skim
1/2 c Italian-style Gluten-free Breadcrumbs
2T Parmesan cheese
1/2 c Tomato sauce
2 Avocados, sliced
2/3 c Mozzarella cheese, grated
1) Pre-heat oven to 350. Place chicken breast in a clear plastic bag. Use a meat mallet to pound until 1/2 inch thick.
2) Lightly whisk milk and eggs together in a shallow bowl.
3) Place breadcrumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
4) Dip one piece of chicken in egg/milk mixture on both sides, then coat in breadcrumbs.
5) Place on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Repeat process for remaining pieces of chicken.
6) Lightly spray chicken with oil. Bake chicken for about 25 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and spread each chicken breast with tomato sauce. Arrange avocado slices over sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
8) Return to the oven and bake another 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
9) Serve while hot.