My dad first made this recipe for our family from a cookbook for firefighters when I was growing up. Over the years we have made it for cross country pasta pot-luck parties, Sunday family dinners, and taken it to many friends who needed a warm meal. I've modified it slightly, upping the protein, reducing the fat, and adding the veggies, but this doesn't take anything away from how delicious it is! This also freezes really well as individual portions, in case you don't have 9 people to feed!
2 16 oz tubes 93/7 ground turkey
1 16 oz box spaghetti, whole wheat, angel thin
2 jars red pasta sauce
2 zucchini, diced
1.5 c mozzarella cheese
1) Brown turkey in a large skillet over medium heat.
2) Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4) Add sauce and zucchini to turkey and mix.
5) In a greased 13x9 pan, spread half of the spaghetti, top with half of the sauce mixture, and repeat with the remaining.
6) Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
7) Top with cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
8) Let stand for 10 minutes and serve in squares.