Spaghetti squash is quickly becoming a staple in our house. You can make a variety of cusines with it AND best of all, it is a hit with eaters of all ages. Below is an Italian favorite, lighted up! You could also make a Vegan/Vegetarian version if you passed on the shrimp and loaded up more veggies! Enjoy! XOXO
1 large spaghetti squash
1T olive oil, divided
1 T garlic, minced
1lb shrimp, peeled, devined
2 small zucchini, cut in half and sliced
1 c mushrooms, sliced
1 c marinara sauce, heated
This is a meal you could enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! The waffles reheat well in a toaster oven too!
Below is the recipe for the waffles. The recipe for the southwestern veggies can be found in this post. Enjoy!
4 medium size potatoes (I used white here, but you could definitely make this with sweet potatoes!)
1/2 c chopped onion
1/ c chopped green pepper
salt/pepper, to taste
1) Preheat waffle iron on medium setting.
2) Peel potatoes and cut into 2-4 large chunks each (will need to be small enough to fit into the opening on your food processor).
3) With your food processor set up so that the blade will shred, shred your potatoes.
4) Remove potatoes from food processor and squeeze with a paper towel until they are dry (remember: the drier the crispier!)
5) In a small bowl, lightly stir in onion and peppers with a fork. Season potatoes, as desired.
6) Grease the waffle iron with olive oil. Place potatoes in a mound starting from the center and with a fork, spreading out to the edges. Press lid down.
7) After about 10 minutes, check waffles. They should be starting to brown. Cook until desired crispiness, then carefully, lift with a fork off of the waffle iron and build your stacks! (I have found cutting with kitchen scissors the waffles into fours and lifting each one individually is the safest bet to ensure they do not fall apart during lifting from the waffle iron!)
4 slices of cucumber
3 sprigs of mint
Juice of 1/2 lime
6 oz Lime LaCroix
Cucumber/Lime slices, to garnish
In a tall water glass, muddle slices of cucumber, mint, and lime juice. Pour ingredients of water glass into a cocktail shaker and add LaCroix. Place lid on cocktail shaker and lightly swirl. Pour drink into a cocktail glass, garnish, and enjoy immediately!
This green juice is quickly becoming part of my daily routine! It tastes delicious and is packed with 100% goodness! I know there are a lot of variations of this recipe, but wanted to share my fave combo!
To make two ~12oz glasses, combine the following ingredients in your juicer. My recommended juicing system is linked below! I HIGHLY recommend it!
What's in your favorite juice?
These are a great grab-n-go option during the week! I usually take two and microwave at work for about 45 seconds. Enjoy!
1/2 c zucchini, chopped
1/2 c yellow squash, chopped
1/2 c ground beef, cooked & seasoned with taco seasoning
1 c liquid egg whites
Prehat oven to 350F degrees. Spray muffin tins with olive oil spray. Even distribute zucchini, squash, and taco meat between 9 cups. In a spouted measuring cup, whisk together eggs and egg whites. Pour egg mixture evenly into the cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing carefully from each cup.