2 lb shredded chicken
12oz cream of mushroom soup, organic (no gross fillers! - see my favorite brand linked below!)
1/2 c milk, fat-free
3 cups, broccoli florets
3 T gluten-free bread crumbs
1/2 c cheese, shredded, colby-jack
I found this idea online years ago (and can't for the life of me recall the original recipe creator -- this was pre-Pinterest!) and have made it several times over the years. Each time making a few tweaks and modifications, with the newest being a gluten-free version. Everyone, even non-avocado fans, rave about it! I highly recommend making it for dinner this week!
4 4oz Chicken breast filets
2 T Milk, skim
1/2 c Italian-style Gluten-free Breadcrumbs
2T Parmesan cheese
1/2 c Tomato sauce
2 Avocados, sliced
2/3 c Mozzarella cheese, grated
1) Pre-heat oven to 350. Place chicken breast in a clear plastic bag. Use a meat mallet to pound until 1/2 inch thick.
2) Lightly whisk milk and eggs together in a shallow bowl.
3) Place breadcrumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
4) Dip one piece of chicken in egg/milk mixture on both sides, then coat in breadcrumbs.
5) Place on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Repeat process for remaining pieces of chicken.
6) Lightly spray chicken with oil. Bake chicken for about 25 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and spread each chicken breast with tomato sauce. Arrange avocado slices over sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
8) Return to the oven and bake another 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
9) Serve while hot.
Full disclosure friends....This recipe is not a quick one to be made on a busy weeknight. It's much better on a slow Sunday afternoon. That being said, it is BEYOND worth the multiple pans of clean-up and 'fried' chicken splatter you will likely have to clean-up. Enjoy! XOXO
6 chicken thighs, bone-in
2 t salt
2 t pepper
3 T olive oil, divided
2 T garlic, minced
1 c onion, diced
1 c yellow pepper, diced
1 c red pepper, diced
1 c carrot, peeled, diced
2 c mushrooms, sliced
28 oz crushed tomatoes
1 T thyme, dried
1 T basil, dried
1/2 c kalmata olives
1/2 c green olives
These wings will knock your socks off! Serve them up at your next watch party! Enjoy! XOXO
2 lb chicken wings, uncooked, unseasoned
2 T olive oil
1/2 T chili powder
1/2 T cumin
1 t paprika
1 t garlic powder
1 t salt
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. In a large bowl, toss wings in olive oil. In a large Ziplock bag, combine all other ingredients. Add oiled wings to bag. Toss to coat. Place wings evenly on a greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn wings over. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Turn wings one more time. Bake a final 15 minutes. Serve. (We dipped ours in Whole Sisters Dump Ranch!)
My favorite part about this soup is how quick it takes about 30 minutes to make and it tastes like it simmered on the stove all day long! If you're not on a strict Whole30 / Paleo program, it tastes great with a little Mexican shredded cheddar on top!
3 c shredded chicken (I'd recommend cutting into smaller pieces)
1 c cherry tomatoes
1 c yellow pepper, chopped
2 carrots, peeled, chopped
8 oz can tomato sauce
3 c chicken broth
1 package of taco seasoning
2 avocados, sliced
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and stir until taco seasoning is dissolved. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot. Cook for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with sliced avocado.