2 lb shredded chicken
12oz cream of mushroom soup, organic (no gross fillers! - see my favorite brand linked below!)
1/2 c milk, fat-free
3 cups, broccoli florets
3 T gluten-free bread crumbs
1/2 c cheese, shredded, colby-jack
I found this idea online years ago (and can't for the life of me recall the original recipe creator -- this was pre-Pinterest!) and have made it several times over the years. Each time making a few tweaks and modifications, with the newest being a gluten-free version. Everyone, even non-avocado fans, rave about it! I highly recommend making it for dinner this week!
4 4oz Chicken breast filets
2 T Milk, skim
1/2 c Italian-style Gluten-free Breadcrumbs
2T Parmesan cheese
1/2 c Tomato sauce
2 Avocados, sliced
2/3 c Mozzarella cheese, grated
1) Pre-heat oven to 350. Place chicken breast in a clear plastic bag. Use a meat mallet to pound until 1/2 inch thick.
2) Lightly whisk milk and eggs together in a shallow bowl.
3) Place breadcrumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
4) Dip one piece of chicken in egg/milk mixture on both sides, then coat in breadcrumbs.
5) Place on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Repeat process for remaining pieces of chicken.
6) Lightly spray chicken with oil. Bake chicken for about 25 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and spread each chicken breast with tomato sauce. Arrange avocado slices over sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
8) Return to the oven and bake another 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
9) Serve while hot.
Full disclosure friends....This recipe is not a quick one to be made on a busy weeknight. It's much better on a slow Sunday afternoon. That being said, it is BEYOND worth the multiple pans of clean-up and 'fried' chicken splatter you will likely have to clean-up. Enjoy! XOXO
6 chicken thighs, bone-in
2 t salt
2 t pepper
3 T olive oil, divided
2 T garlic, minced
1 c onion, diced
1 c yellow pepper, diced
1 c red pepper, diced
1 c carrot, peeled, diced
2 c mushrooms, sliced
28 oz crushed tomatoes
1 T thyme, dried
1 T basil, dried
1/2 c kalmata olives
1/2 c green olives
These wings will knock your socks off! Serve them up at your next watch party! Enjoy! XOXO
2 lb chicken wings, uncooked, unseasoned
2 T olive oil
1/2 T chili powder
1/2 T cumin
1 t paprika
1 t garlic powder
1 t salt
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. In a large bowl, toss wings in olive oil. In a large Ziplock bag, combine all other ingredients. Add oiled wings to bag. Toss to coat. Place wings evenly on a greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn wings over. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Turn wings one more time. Bake a final 15 minutes. Serve. (We dipped ours in Whole Sisters Dump Ranch!)
My favorite part about this soup is how quick it takes about 30 minutes to make and it tastes like it simmered on the stove all day long! If you're not on a strict Whole30 / Paleo program, it tastes great with a little Mexican shredded cheddar on top!
3 c shredded chicken (I'd recommend cutting into smaller pieces)
1 c cherry tomatoes
1 c yellow pepper, chopped
2 carrots, peeled, chopped
8 oz can tomato sauce
3 c chicken broth
1 package of taco seasoning
2 avocados, sliced
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and stir until taco seasoning is dissolved. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot. Cook for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with sliced avocado.
This recipe promises to get your chicken crispier than anything that comes in a bucket!
6 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on (pictured are chicken quarters)
2 T olive oil
1 t salt
1 t garlic powder
Optional: black pepper
This is a staple in our house! I found the recipe years ago when I was following Weight Watchers. I've made some modifications to the ingredients and preparation instructions from the original recipe (linked below). And the leftovers are almost better than the first night!!!!! Enjoy with asparagus and mashed potatoes!
1 T olive oil
3/4 c chopped onion
3/4 c chopped green pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c bread crumbs (gluten free!)
1 t Italian seasoning
1 t ketchup
1 large egg, beaten
1 lb ground chicken (I like 90/10 fat content)
1/2 c shredded cheddar
1/4 c ketchup
1 T brown sugar
1 t mustard
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 8x4 pan with cooking spray.
2) Heat oil in large skillet, sauté onion green pepper, and garlic for 3 min. Cool.
3) Combine onion mixture, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, ketchup, and egg . Stir in chicken.
4) Pack half chicken mixture in pan. Top with cheese. Top with remaining chicken.
5) Bake for 35 min.
6) Combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard. Stir well.
7) Spread over meatloaf and bake 5 additional minutes.
8) Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
Modified from Weight Watchers
1.5 c whole wheat orzo pasta, uncooked
2 T olive oil, divided
2 c shredded chicken
1/4 c green olives, sliced
1/4 c kalmata olives, sliced
1/2 c green onion, copped
1 c feta cheese, crumbles
When I saw this recipe on HappyWifeStyle's instagram page, I was hesitant. Surely fried chicken cannot be made with Whole30 compliant ingredients right?? WRONG. This is knock your socks off good! And SO easy. I've made a few minor modifications shown below. Enjoy!!
2 lb raw chicken tenders
1.5 c almond flour
1 T garlic powder
1 t onion powder
1/2 t paprika
1/2 T Cajun seasoning
3 large eggs
2 T olive oil
I found this recipe on the "Ever Clever Mom"'s blog. All I can say is WOW!!! It was so easy and so yummy. I've made a few minor modifications, but you will definitely want to give this one a try!!
5-10 chicken drumsticks, raw
1) Preheat oven to 400F degrees
2) Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
3) Lay chicken on parchment paper, spread out such that none are touching
4) Drizzle lightly with olive oil on one side of the chicken; turn all over and repeat drizzle
4) Sprinkle lightly with salt, then paprika, then cinnamon; turn all over and repeat sprinkles
5) Bake for 30 minutes; turn all over and bake for 30 more minutes