This hearty meal will feed your family for nights and takes just minutes to prepare! Buon Appetito!!
Makes 4 large servings
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, cubed
1 lb ground chicken sausage, sweet Italian
1/2 32 oz jar vodka sauce
1 package tri-colored gnocchi
1 c Parmesan cheese, grated
1) Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add cubed butternut squash to boiling water and cook for ~7 minutes or until tender. (Similar to making mashed potatoes!) Drain and set aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a greased pan, cook ground sausage until cooked through (~10 minutes). Set aside.
3) In a saucepan, heat vodka sauce. Add to sausage.
4) Cook gnocchi according to package directions (~3 minutes).
5) Build plates - gnocchi, topped with sausage/sauce, topped with squash, topped with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.